Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better general wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of genuine animal protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have previously endured some stomach problems or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the leading active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his consumes– simply a good justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to an additional without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly question folks who claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might relate to not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever earned any sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was initially a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just made a decision to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised excellent.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have demonstrated observing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and also– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I notice any sort of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his scraping and also licking . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and damaging far more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will try out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also effort conserved since you will not require to frequently go to PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might also suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving serious cash money with time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not require careful handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog great grub, most definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any dog, owners of canines who are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying and assessing for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally get fantastic discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?