Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more energy, and also far better total wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of actual animal protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, but it does seem that lots of canines that have actually formerly endured some tummy problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a great excuse to finish off the ice cream), I review the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– really, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another with no steady change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I always examine folks who declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to get really impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly seems to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and sticky , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just made a decision to start utilizing more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to use along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have actually born witness observing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, and a lot less stinky– all general indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and effort conserved given that you will not need to routinely visit PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could additionally imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious cash gradually and potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the idea of at least attempting and also trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some health and wellness concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not need mindful handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with most challenge toys
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog excellent grub, definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at least worth assessing and also attempting for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it looks like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Beware– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not neglect, you can also obtain amazing discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?