Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of owners discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and also far better general wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of genuine animal healthy protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does appear that numerous canines that have previously experienced some belly issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– just a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– really, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more with no progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine individuals that declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely appears to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and the generous amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , much of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin using much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite awesome tool to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and the licking movement is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have born witness noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power and– in many cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itching.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did in the past.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the size and also needs of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
However– it is worth thinking about several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as effort saved because you won’t need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and also carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting can additionally indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant cash money with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some health concerns as well as allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most puzzle playthings
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, most definitely give Ollie a shot.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at least worth examining and also attempting for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t forget, you can additionally get superb price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the bargains mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?