Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Many proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and far better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of real animal protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that several pets that have actually formerly suffered some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a great justification to round off the ice cream), I review the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– actually, truly valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Simpler cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional with no progressive change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine individuals that declare that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, prior to ultimately switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any type of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests till I call him over for supper.
Yet, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a big fan. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was at first a little worried about switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to start using much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to use together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I notice any type of type of modification in Remy? I did notice a few big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic signs of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not promptly observe up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scratching and licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or observations concerning his itchiness.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also damaging a lot even more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also initiative saved because you won’t require to frequently check out PetSmart and carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might likewise mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving serious money with time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of trying and trying out with fresh dog food much more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with many puzzle playthings
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to offer your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, owners of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting as well as evaluating for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can likewise obtain fantastic discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?