Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, even more power, as well as much better general health for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on top quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of genuine pet protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that lots of dogs that have previously endured some tummy issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the leading active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I review the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to claim– truly, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine people who declare that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any type of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his dinner out of challenge toys, I was at first a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet and sticky , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and the licking motion is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have born witness discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and– sometimes– also some behavior renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not instantly discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his damaging and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching as well as damaging a lot even more than he did before.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will trying out various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size and demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it deserves considering a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time and effort conserved given that you will not need to consistently see PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could likewise indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant money in time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least exploring and attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + may relieve some health and wellness problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog wonderful grub, absolutely give Ollie a try.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an excellent component list. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth trying and examining on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However do not neglect, you can additionally obtain wonderful discounts on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the deals discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?