Ollies Dog Food Price
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, even more energy, and also better total health for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of real animal healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does appear that numerous dogs that have previously endured some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the top ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined correlation between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his consumes– simply a good justification to finish off the gelato), I review the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to say– really, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to one more with no gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always question individuals who declare that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little as well a lot.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely appears to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and also the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food because Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , many of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite incredible tool to make use of along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is really relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have testified to discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of change in Remy? I did see a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not quickly notice until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any specific note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will explore other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves thinking about several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and effort saved because you won’t require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally imply fewer trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash money with time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at least exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might relieve some health and wellness issues and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not need mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Slightly more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, owners of dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth evaluating and also trying for yourself if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a challenging time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can also get great price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?