Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Many proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and also much better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of real animal protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have actually formerly endured some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the leading active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant room for his consumes– simply a excellent reason to finish off the gelato), I go through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to claim– truly, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming item of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another without any steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly examine individuals who declare that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous concerning switching to fresh dog food since Remy definitely likes consuming his dinner out of problem toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and wet , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply made a decision to begin using more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is extremely relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, boosted power and also– in many cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his scraping and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings regarding his itching.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping far more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been assisting with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will experiment with other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will depend on the size and also demands of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ budgets.
However– it deserves considering a few of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating price vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and effort saved given that you will not require to routinely go to PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could also suggest less journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious cash over time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some health concerns and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most puzzle toys
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to offer your dog excellent grub, certainly give Ollie a try.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth evaluating as well as trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it looks like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However do not fail to remember, you can also obtain fantastic price cuts on your first order of Ollie with a few of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?