Ollies Dog Food Cost
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, and far better overall health for their canines.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of real animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that numerous canines that have previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the number one component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty components.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a excellent justification to round off the ice cream), I review the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to claim– really, actually useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another without any steady change is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question people who claim that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can have to do with not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset definitely seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is wet and sticky , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply determined to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking motion is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually born witness observing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergies, enhanced power and– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indications of improved health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not quickly discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking as well as damaging . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itchiness.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ budgets.
Nevertheless– it deserves thinking about a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as effort saved since you will not need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can additionally imply fewer journeys to the vet’s workplace, saving major cash money over time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out and trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some health concerns as well as allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of problem toys
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog terrific grub.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth attempting as well as reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you might have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can likewise obtain amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?