Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, and much better general health for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including large quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that lots of dogs that have actually previously suffered some tummy concerns or allergies do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the number one component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious components.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a excellent excuse to round off the ice cream), I review the product that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to state– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always question individuals who assert that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can concern not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried regarding changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of problem toys.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp and also sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to start using more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any type of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not instantly observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite accustomed to his licking and damaging . I didn’t make any type of certain note or observations regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly trying out other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be beyond numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
However– it deserves taking into consideration several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs value.
For one, totally free delivery means time and effort saved because you won’t need to routinely see PetSmart as well as haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally suggest less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash money over time as well as potentially prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least exploring and also trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness concerns and also allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require cautious handling like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added ease as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of puzzle playthings
- A little extra work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog great grub, certainly provide Ollie a try.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth assessing and also attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any type of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, and it appears like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But do not fail to remember, you can likewise obtain superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?