Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more power, and also much better total health and wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of actual animal protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that several canines that have formerly suffered some stomach problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty components.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his consumes– just a good reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– really, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray item of food make a mess. Simpler clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional with no steady transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the reason I always examine folks who assert that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective certainly appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was at first a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply determined to start using much more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have testified to noticing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in some cases– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all general signs of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I didn’t instantly discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his scraping and also licking . I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scratching much more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
However– it deserves taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining price vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as effort saved considering that you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash in time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting and also experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some health and wellness problems and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require careful handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog fantastic grub, most definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, owners of canines who are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and assessing on your own if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can also obtain fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?