Ollie Vs Just Food For Dogs
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Lots of owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, and far better overall wellness for their pet dogs.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that numerous dogs that have actually previously experienced some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the primary ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish includes a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious components.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– just a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute as well as– I need to state– actually, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine people that declare that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried about changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of problem toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and wet , a number of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin making use of much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather incredible device to make use of together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have demonstrated noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– sometimes– even some behavioral improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I observe any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic signs of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly notice till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking as well as scratching . I didn’t make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, indicating that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the size and needs of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet parents’ budgets.
However– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as initiative conserved given that you won’t require to routinely go to PetSmart as well as haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could likewise mean less trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant money with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least trying out and trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for food digestion + may alleviate some health and wellness concerns and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still offering a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with many problem playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely provide Ollie a shot if you want to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a great option for any dog, owners of dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth reviewing and also trying on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were great, he adored the food, and it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger canines call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not forget, you can additionally obtain great price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?