Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Several proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergies, even more energy, and better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on top quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, however it does seem that lots of dogs that have previously suffered some tummy issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the top component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– just a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I read through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming as well as– I need to claim– really, really valuable. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more with no progressive transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I always question folks that assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests till I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of puzzle toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin using a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely soothing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have born witness seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy and– sometimes– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I notice any type of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly discover up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scraping and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his itching.
But, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will trying out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will rely on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it deserves taking into consideration several of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when assessing cost vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved since you will not require to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and also carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might also mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant money with time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least attempting and trying out with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some wellness problems as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with most challenge toys
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog terrific grub, certainly provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely high-quality fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying as well as assessing for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog provides you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise obtain superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?