Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, and far better total health for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of genuine pet protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that lots of pets that have formerly endured some stomach issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie provides four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– just a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– really, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more without any gradual transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question people that claim that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it could relate to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He usually just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in attitude certainly appears to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was at first a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also damp , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply decided to begin using more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a quite awesome tool to use together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is extremely soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to observing a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, boosted power as well as– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what about me– did I notice any type of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t quickly notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and also damaging . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
But, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and scratching far more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and demands of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort conserved because you will not need to consistently see PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can additionally imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving major cash money in time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at the very least attempting and trying out with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health and wellness issues and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t require cautious managing like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to use your dog fantastic grub, absolutely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-grade fresh food with an outstanding component listing. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any dog, proprietors of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth examining and trying on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any kind of incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you might have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can also get superb price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the bargains pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?