Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Many proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and also much better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that offers direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of real animal protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that lots of dogs that have previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his consumes– simply a good justification to round off the ice cream), I go through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to state– actually, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always question folks that claim that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could pertain to not appropriately migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never gained any kind of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was initially a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to start making use of much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out great.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking activity is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a few huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and a lot less smelly– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly see till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking as well as scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or observations regarding his itching.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will trying out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and also demands of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time as well as initiative saved because you will not need to consistently go to PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could likewise imply fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving significant money with time and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some health and wellness concerns and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for careful managing like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth trying as well as reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet do not neglect, you can also get superb price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the offers mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?