Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, and also better general health for their pets.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big quantities of actual pet protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that lots of dogs that have formerly endured some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the primary ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his consumes– simply a good reason to round off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I have to say– actually, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to one more with no steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question individuals that claim that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could have to do with not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly seems to show that he’s a large fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem toys.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin using much more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite incredible device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and the licking motion is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have born witness seeing a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I notice any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did notice a couple of big changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less smelly– all basic indications of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t promptly discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking as well as scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did previously.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will trying out various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and also demands of your dog, however Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth taking into consideration a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as effort conserved considering that you will not require to frequently visit PetSmart and also lug around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also mean fewer trips to the vet’s office, conserving serious money gradually and possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + may minimize some wellness issues and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t call for cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for added comfort and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most challenge playthings
- Somewhat a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a great option for any dog, proprietors of pets who are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth trying as well as reviewing for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he loved the food, and it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not neglect, you can likewise get amazing price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?