Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several proprietors discover that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more energy, as well as far better total wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that provides straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of actual animal protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does seem that numerous dogs that have previously experienced some belly issues or allergies do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the leading ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant space for his eats– simply a great justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– actually, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more without any progressive shift is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly question individuals that declare that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not correctly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, before lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he may have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in attitude definitely seems to show that he’s a large fan. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and also sticky , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin using more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable device to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually testified to seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in some cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I discover any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less stinky– all basic signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I didn’t instantly discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his scraping and licking . I didn’t make any certain note or observations regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he probably has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the size and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, complimentary shipment means time and effort saved given that you won’t require to on a regular basis see PetSmart and haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can also indicate less trips to the vet’s office, conserving major money over time and also potentially extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least trying out and attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + might ease some health and wellness concerns and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still providing some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food option
- Not suitable with many puzzle toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a try if you want to provide your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an excellent ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at the very least worth attempting and evaluating on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any amazing adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get wonderful discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the bargains stated in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?