Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Several proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and also better total wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that numerous canines that have actually formerly endured some belly problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– just a good reason to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to claim– really, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to another without any progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine people who claim that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or sleeps up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to show that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the large amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was at first a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply made a decision to begin using much more LickiMats and packed Kongs as well as it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking activity is extremely relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergies, enhanced energy and– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a couple of large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all general indications of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t promptly discover up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and scraping . I didn’t make any certain note or observations concerning his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scratching far more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, indicating that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been helping with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will certainly try out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when reviewing price vs value.
For one, free delivery means time and also effort conserved because you won’t need to routinely go to PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can additionally suggest less trips to the vet’s office, saving significant money over time and possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for digestion + might ease some wellness concerns as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not need mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with many problem playthings
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog terrific grub, definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a great choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth reviewing and also trying for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any remarkable changes in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not forget, you can also get amazing discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?