Ollie Raw Dog Food Reviews
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Numerous proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and also far better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does seem that lots of canines that have formerly suffered some stomach concerns or allergies do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the leading component, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable room for his consumes– just a great excuse to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I need to say– truly, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional with no steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I always question individuals who assert that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not correctly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, prior to lastly switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of challenge toys.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also damp , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply chose to begin using a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to use along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is really calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have testified to noticing a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergies, boosted power as well as– in many cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a couple of big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t right away observe up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking and scratching . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his itchiness.
However, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly trying out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly economical.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend on the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses about anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
However– it deserves taking into consideration several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and effort saved because you will not require to consistently see PetSmart and also haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can additionally imply fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious cash gradually and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least exploring and trying with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some wellness issues and also allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Does not call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- Somewhat extra work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to use your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component list. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any type of dog, proprietors of pets who are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying and also examining on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any type of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it appears like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t neglect, you can also obtain great discounts on your first order of Ollie with several of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food additionally boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?