Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, as well as far better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on high quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods having big quantities of actual pet protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have formerly endured some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– just a great justification to round off the gelato), I review the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I have to say– really, truly helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food mistake. Much easier clean-up is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more without any steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I always examine people who claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might relate to not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or sleeps up until I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in mindset certainly appears to show that he’s a big fan. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was initially a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky as well as wet , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to start using more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to use along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is really relaxing for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have actually demonstrated observing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergies, enhanced energy and– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I discovered after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and much less stinky– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t promptly discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . I didn’t make any kind of certain note or observations regarding his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot extra, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However, this may be outside of numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and initiative conserved because you won’t need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could additionally mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant money with time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at least trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some wellness issues and allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still supplying some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added comfort and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to use your dog terrific grub, certainly provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will specifically take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth examining as well as attempting for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?