Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and far better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that lots of pets that have formerly suffered some tummy problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a excellent excuse to finish off the gelato), I go through the material that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and also– I need to say– really, actually beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to another with no progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine individuals that claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before ultimately changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset certainly appears to indicate that he’s a large fan. That, and the generous quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of problem playthings.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp as well as sticky , most of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite awesome tool to use combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, and the licking movement is really comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should maintain even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have testified to discovering a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergies, boosted energy and– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic signs of improved wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t quickly notice up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and also scratching . I really did not make any kind of particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This suggests I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of many pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time as well as effort conserved because you won’t need to consistently go to PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also mean fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving serious cash money gradually and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for food digestion + might ease some health and wellness problems as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful handling like raw food does, while still offering several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle toys
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog wonderful grub, absolutely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely premium fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, proprietors of dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it appears like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise get wonderful discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the bargains pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?