Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of proprietors locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more energy, and also better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having large quantities of actual pet protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that lots of canines that have actually previously experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his consumes– just a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I need to state– actually, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s essential to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another with no progressive shift is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I always examine folks who assert that a particular brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to lastly switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply hangs around or rests till I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his supper out of puzzle playthings.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just determined to begin using a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to complete it, and also the licking activity is extremely calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have testified to seeing a shinier layer, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I notice any type of type of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a couple of large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all basic signs of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not immediately observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking as well as scraping . I really did not make any certain note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scraping much more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will certainly trying out various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie prices approximately anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and also effort saved since you will not require to consistently go to PetSmart and carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting can additionally indicate fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash over time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of a minimum of exploring and attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health and wellness problems and also allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for careful managing like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with many problem playthings
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to supply your dog wonderful grub, absolutely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an excellent ingredient list. While Ollie is a great option for any dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have suspicious poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying and also assessing for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends upon the size of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise get great price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?