Ollie Pet Foods
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, as well as far better total health for their pets.
- Special discount for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of genuine pet healthy protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously endured some belly problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe has a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– just a excellent excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to state– really, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food make a mess. Simpler cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another with no progressive transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine people who assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
But, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also wet , most of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to start making use of extra LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– sometimes– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not promptly observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his damaging and also licking . I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itchiness when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and scratching a lot even more than he did in the past.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will explore various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of numerous pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, totally free shipment means time and also effort conserved because you will not need to consistently see PetSmart and haul around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might additionally mean fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving severe money over time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t fail to remember– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at least exploring and attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health concerns as well as allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included benefit and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food choice
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge playthings
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog great grub, definitely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient list. While Ollie is a great choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pets who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth reviewing and also attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it looks like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you might have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can additionally obtain amazing discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?