Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergies, more energy, and much better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods containing huge quantities of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that numerous dogs that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the leading active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No fabricated tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other yummy components.
Ollie provides 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his consumes– just a good justification to finish off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and also– I need to claim– actually, really helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to another with no progressive change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine folks that assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never made any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, and also the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely likes consuming his supper out of challenge toys.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky as well as damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to begin making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to make use of combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is extremely calming for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many proprietors have born witness discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and also– sometimes– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I notice any type of type of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few large modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all general indicators of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t quickly see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scratching and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
But, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching as well as scratching far more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort conserved because you will not need to on a regular basis see PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also indicate less trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious money gradually as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + may ease some health and wellness concerns and allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for mindful managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for included convenience and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Perk] Includes adorable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to provide your dog fantastic grub, certainly offer Ollie a try.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an outstanding component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic choice for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting and also examining on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and it looks like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you may have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are extra costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However do not neglect, you can additionally get fantastic price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the bargains discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?