Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors locate that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergies, more energy, and far better general wellness for their pets.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of real animal protein and organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that many pets that have actually previously endured some stomach issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video testimonial as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– just a great reason to round off the gelato), I check out the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– really, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to scoop out the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional without any steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly examine people that declare that a specific brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to finally switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs out or rests until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was at first a little worried regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet as well as sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin using more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable tool to use in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is extremely relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually testified to seeing a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I discover any kind of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his licking and damaging . I didn’t make any specific note or observations regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching as well as scraping much more than he did before.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, showing that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outdoors of several pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and effort saved considering that you won’t require to routinely visit PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might also imply less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving major cash money in time and possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of at least experimenting and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might relieve some health issues and also allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with many puzzle toys
- Slightly extra job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any kind of dog, owners of dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth reviewing and also attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Beware– you might have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally obtain amazing price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?