Ollie Pet Food Uk
Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Many owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, and much better total health and wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large quantities of genuine animal healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does seem that many pet dogs that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting about Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the primary ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– just a good reason to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming as well as– I need to say– actually, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more without any steady shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly question folks that claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it could concern not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and also make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely appears to show that he’s a large fan. That, as well as the massive amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was initially a little nervous about changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet as well as sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start making use of much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to use combined with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually testified to discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and– in many cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I observe any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less smelly– all general signs of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not promptly notice till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking as well as damaging . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
However, when turning off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will experiment with various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will depend on the size and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves thinking about a few of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when examining price vs worth.
For one, totally free distribution means time as well as initiative conserved since you won’t require to routinely check out PetSmart and also haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term can likewise indicate less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving significant cash money gradually and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our readers can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the idea of a minimum of trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness problems as well as allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with many problem playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly give Ollie a shot if you want to supply your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific option for any dog, proprietors of canines who are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and examining on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I really did not see any kind of amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food may have helped with his allergies.
Beware– you may have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise obtain fantastic discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts excellent protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?