Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more power, as well as better total wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having big amounts of actual animal healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that several pets that have actually formerly endured some belly concerns or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Genuine meat is the top active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as whole meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie provides 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his eats– just a excellent justification to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s charming and– I need to say– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Much easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to an additional with no gradual change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question people who assert that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His modification in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a large fan. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little nervous concerning switching over to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely enjoys eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is damp and sticky , many of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply determined to begin using much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it exercised great.
LickiMats are a rather remarkable tool to utilize together with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is very comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many proprietors have actually born witness seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved energy as well as– sometimes– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I discover any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a couple of huge modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of enhanced health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t instantly observe till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his damaging and also licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or monitorings concerning his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and scraping a lot even more than he did before.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will trying out various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely low-cost.
The precise cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and also demands of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort conserved considering that you won’t require to consistently go to PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting could likewise imply less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving serious cash over time and potentially expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-term, it definitely makes the suggestion of at the very least experimenting as well as trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness issues and allergy concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still supplying a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- A little much more job than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not excellent for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog wonderful grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any dog, proprietors of canines who are choosy eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth trying and also examining for yourself if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were wonderful, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog provides you those big young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things, be cautious– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can additionally get superb price cuts on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?