Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergies, more energy, as well as much better total wellness for their pet dogs.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on high quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of real pet protein as well as organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, however it does appear that lots of pet dogs that have formerly suffered some stomach problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you intended to!
For those that fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other yummy ingredients.
Ollie provides four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip review also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a excellent justification to round off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and also– I have to state– actually, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to an additional without any steady transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question people that declare that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might concern not correctly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more couple of days, prior to finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has never ever earned any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, as well as the generous quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle playthings.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is damp as well as sticky , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to begin using more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing tool to use together with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking motion is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Many owners have actually demonstrated noticing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, improved energy and also– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general signs of improved health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not immediately discover till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather familiar with his licking as well as scratching . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, however Ollie expenses about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and effort saved considering that you will not need to on a regular basis check out PetSmart and lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can likewise indicate fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash money gradually and possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some wellness issues and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not need cautious managing like raw food does, while still supplying some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included ease and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using together with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food choice
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- A little a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply doesn’t work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a try if you want to provide your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have questionable poops will specifically benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth attempting and also examining for yourself if the advantages are worth the price. While I really did not see any miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with very little processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can also get great discounts on your initial order of Ollie with several of the deals discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also flaunts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?