Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, turkey, or lamb .
- Numerous owners find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more power, as well as much better general health for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge amounts of real animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does appear that numerous pets that have actually previously endured some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s active ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish has a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can check out our video clip testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his eats– just a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to state– truly, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Simpler cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to another without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the factor I constantly question individuals who claim that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could have to do with not properly moving your dog to a brand-new food, as opposed to being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another number of days, before finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever gained any sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very restless at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to indicate that he’s a large follower. That, and also the large amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious regarding changing to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of challenge toys.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and wet , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just chose to begin using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather awesome device to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really relaxing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy as well as– sometimes– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I discover any type of type of change in Remy? I did observe a few huge modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less foul-smelling– all basic signs of better wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t promptly notice till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his damaging and licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any kind of certain note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
This might be outdoors of several pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating expense vs value.
For one, free delivery means time as well as initiative conserved since you won’t need to consistently see PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could additionally suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving severe cash over time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least attempting and exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might relieve some health concerns and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not require mindful managing like raw food does, while still providing a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with many challenge playthings
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog excellent grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an impressive component list. While Ollie is a great option for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth evaluating as well as trying on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of amazing modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he was crazy about the food, as well as it appears like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, be careful– you might have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog ( larger canines require ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not neglect, you can also obtain fantastic price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?