Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Numerous proprietors discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and also better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique discount for our readers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of actual pet healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, but it does appear that numerous canines that have actually previously endured some stomach problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you can eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some significant room for his consumes– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I go through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I have to claim– actually, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the transition gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to another without any progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly question folks that assert that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not properly migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being entirely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever made any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His modification in perspective absolutely appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the large quantities of drool he would give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a number of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin using a lot more LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it functioned out terrific.
LickiMats are a rather amazing device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is extremely comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching as a result of allergic reactions, boosted energy and also– in many cases– also some behavior enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as a lot less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t quickly see until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten quite familiar with his licking as well as scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation.
But, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scratching far more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly experiment with various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the size and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be outside of many pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it deserves taking into consideration a few of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining expense vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time and initiative saved given that you will not need to regularly check out PetSmart and also carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting can likewise suggest less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe cash money in time and also potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + may minimize some wellness concerns and also allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need cautious managing like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Benefit] Includes cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely give Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really top notch fresh food with an impressive ingredient listing. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any type of dog, owners of canines who are picky eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth examining and also attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a tough time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get amazing discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and also sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?