Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, more power, and better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that supplies straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to focus on quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of large amounts of actual animal healthy protein and organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, yet it does appear that several dogs that have previously endured some tummy concerns or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting regarding Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are created by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other tasty components.
Ollie supplies four recipes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they shed my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– just a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and– I have to state– truly, really beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really very easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one type of food to one more with no progressive change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question folks that assert that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can concern not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before ultimately changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! In fact, he might have liked it a little excessive.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never made any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective definitely appears to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and also the generous amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem playthings, I was initially a little worried concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and also wet , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply determined to start making use of extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, and the licking activity is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have actually testified to noticing a shinier layer, minimized itching due to allergic reactions, improved power as well as– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I observe any kind of sort of adjustment in Remy? I did observe a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I discovered after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and a lot less foul-smelling– all general indicators of better health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately notice until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his scratching and licking . I didn’t make any specific note or monitorings concerning his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly understood Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, indicating that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This implies I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will trying out various other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The precise price of your Ollie delivery will certainly rely on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Unfortunately, this might be beyond numerous pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when evaluating cost vs value.
For one, free shipment means time as well as effort saved considering that you will not need to on a regular basis go to PetSmart as well as carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also imply less trips to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe cash money in time and potentially expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of at the very least trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, also for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might minimize some health and wellness problems as well as allergy concerns
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not need careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a excellent option for any dog, owners of pet dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth attempting and also assessing on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I didn’t see any amazing changes in Remy, his poop improvement were fantastic, he loved the food, as well as it feels like the food may have assisted with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs need ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
However don’t forget, you can also obtain amazing discounts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the offers mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?