Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, and also much better overall health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that gives straight distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does seem that lots of dogs that have actually formerly endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the number one component, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and also organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or byproducts.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a undetermined connection in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken recipe includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video evaluation too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some significant area for his eats– just a great reason to round off the ice cream), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I have to claim– really, truly beneficial. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more with no progressive shift is a recipe for an indigestion.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine individuals who declare that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might involve not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started out offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little way too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever gained any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little anxious concerning switching over to fresh dog food because Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky and damp , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply chose to begin utilizing extra LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty outstanding tool to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly more time to finish it, and also the licking motion is really comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep also ultra-hungry canines occupied for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and also– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of change in Remy? I did observe a few big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general indications of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not immediately discover till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking and scratching . I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings concerning his irritation when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching as well as scratching much even more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he probably has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This implies I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will trying out other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have pictured, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, however Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be outside of lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and initiative conserved considering that you will not need to routinely go to PetSmart and carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting might also imply fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving significant cash over time as well as potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not forget– Our readers can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least attempting and trying out with fresh dog food much more possible, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some health issues and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not require mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- Somewhat much more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you normally use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to supply your dog fantastic grub, certainly give Ollie a try.
It’s a really premium fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, owners of pets that are picky eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will particularly take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting and evaluating on your own if the advantages are worth the price. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were great, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a hard time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the size of your dog (bigger pet dogs call for ore food, so are much more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie costs anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise get amazing price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise flaunts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?