Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, as well as better overall health and wellness for their dogs.
- Unique discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods having huge quantities of real pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that numerous pets that have previously experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Actual meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue analysis).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No synthetic tastes, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe has a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty components.
Ollie supplies four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can have a look at our video clip testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable area for his eats– just a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I check out the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to claim– actually, actually beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the transition slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another with no progressive change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always question people that claim that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can relate to not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, instead of being totally the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as advised, we started giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the large quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Usually we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply decided to start using more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it functioned out great.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to utilize combined with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is extremely comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have actually testified to discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergies, enhanced power and– in many cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what regarding me– did I observe any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not promptly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an scratchy child for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his licking and damaging . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings regarding his itchiness.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, indicating that he most likely has some allergy issues that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly explore various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly low-cost.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outside of several pet parents’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it deserves taking into consideration several of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free shipment means time and initiative conserved given that you will not require to consistently visit PetSmart as well as carry around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could likewise suggest fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving serious cash money with time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and also trying out with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might ease some wellness problems as well as allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for careful managing like raw food does, while still offering some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Reward] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with most puzzle playthings
- Slightly much more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not terrific for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to supply your dog excellent grub, absolutely provide Ollie a shot.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a great alternative for any type of dog, owners of pets that are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying and examining for yourself if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, as well as it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with minimal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more costly to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t fail to remember, you can additionally get fantastic discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with several of the bargains mentioned in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?