Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that supplies personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, lamb, or beef .
- Numerous owners locate that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, less allergies, even more power, as well as far better total wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that gives direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods having large amounts of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that many canines that have previously experienced some stomach issues or allergies do much better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats and organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are developed by vets.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No fabricated tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video clip testimonial also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his eats– just a excellent reason to finish off the gelato), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to say– truly, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter quite darn tidy– I rarely had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s important to make the shift slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one type of food to one more with no steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I always examine individuals who declare that a specific brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as advised, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to ultimately switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy began to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in perspective absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy absolutely likes consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little anxious regarding switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome device to make use of in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have born witness seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching because of allergies, improved power as well as– in some cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I notice any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and much less stinky– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not promptly see till changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his scraping as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any particular note or observations concerning his itching.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly understood Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will explore various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have envisioned, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, but Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing cost vs worth.
For one, free distribution means time as well as effort saved considering that you will not need to frequently go to PetSmart and also lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could likewise indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, saving major cash gradually as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the suggestion of a minimum of attempting as well as exploring with fresh dog food far more possible, also for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Better for digestion + may ease some health issues and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, much less scent-laden poops
- Doesn’t need cautious handling like raw food does, while still offering a few of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Bonus offer] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle playthings
- Somewhat extra job than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a try if you desire to provide your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any dog, owners of pets who are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have doubtful poops will specifically take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth assessing and also attempting on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I didn’t see any remarkable adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were terrific, he loved the food, as well as it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can also obtain great discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts outstanding protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?