Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergies, even more energy, and also better overall wellness for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of real pet healthy protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, but it does seem that many dogs that have actually formerly endured some belly issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the top ingredient, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as whole meats and organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are made by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish consists of a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video review too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some considerable area for his consumes– simply a good excuse to finish off the ice cream), I go through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and also– I have to state– truly, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to scoop out the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Easier cleanup is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the change slowly. Switching your dog’s diet from one kind of food to another without any gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine people that declare that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, instead of being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or sleeps till I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely loves consuming his supper out of challenge toys, I was at first a little anxious about switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also wet , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I just chose to start utilizing extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and also it exercised fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to make use of together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have actually testified to seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in many cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic indications of enhanced health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional point I really did not instantly discover till switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely reduced Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his licking and also scraping . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or observations regarding his itchiness.
But, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did previously.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, suggesting that he probably has some allergy problems that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the minimum– will trying out various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely affordable.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the size and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie costs about anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs value.
For one, totally free distribution means time and effort conserved given that you won’t require to frequently check out PetSmart and lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-lasting could additionally suggest less trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving major cash over time and potentially prolonging your pooch’s life expectancy.
Don’t forget– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of at the very least trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food much more achievable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may minimize some health and wellness issues and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added convenience as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a lasting food option
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely give Ollie a try if you want to supply your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really top quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a great option for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth examining and also attempting on your own if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he was crazy about the food, and also it seems like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Be careful– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog provides you those huge young puppy dog eyes pleading for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with very little processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the size of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally get wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?