Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier layers, less allergies, more power, and far better total health for their pet dogs.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies direct delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that lots of canines that have actually formerly suffered some tummy issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Dishes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen recipe has a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video evaluation also!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– just a great excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I have to say– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn clean– I hardly ever had a stray piece of food make a mess. Much easier clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to another with no progressive transition is a dish for an indigestion.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine folks that claim that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not effectively moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever gained any type of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, as well as the copious quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of challenge toys, I was originally a little anxious about changing to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply decided to start using a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a rather outstanding tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, and also the licking movement is really relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus offer, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry pets occupied for at least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have demonstrated seeing a shinier layer, reduced itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced power and– in many cases– also some behavioral improvements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what concerning me– did I discover any type of type of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a couple of big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I observed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, as well as much less stinky– all general signs of enhanced wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t quickly observe up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an itchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty accustomed to his licking and scratching . I didn’t make any specific note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly recognized Remy was itching and also scraping much more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal more, indicating that he possibly has some allergic reaction problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This implies I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at least– will trying out other type of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The exact cost of your Ollie delivery will depend on the dimension as well as needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing cost vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time and effort saved given that you will not need to routinely see PetSmart and haul around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting might likewise indicate fewer journeys to the vet’s office, conserving serious money with time as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it definitely makes the idea of at least attempting and also exploring with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some wellness issues and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, stronger, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t need careful taking care of like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of lovable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with a lot of challenge playthings
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the very same amount of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just doesn’t function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog excellent grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have doubtful poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely a minimum of worth trying as well as examining for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I really did not see any amazing modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
Be cautious– you could have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog gives you those huge young puppy dog eyes asking for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the size of your dog (bigger pets require ore food, so are more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie sets you back anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Do not neglect, you can likewise get fantastic discounts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food additionally boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?