Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of owners discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and also better overall wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that provides straight distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on high quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of actual animal protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s hard to say for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does seem that many dogs that have actually formerly suffered some belly issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Genuine meat is the primary active ingredient, followed by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 ingredients as whole meats and body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter analysis).
- Recipes include tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and also human-grade– you might eat it, if you intended to!
For those who are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other delicious components.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– simply a excellent reason to round off the ice cream), I review the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to state– truly, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly very easy to dig the food.
The packets likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a stray item of food make a mess. Easier cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another without any gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always examine individuals who claim that a particular brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it can have to do with not properly migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we started out offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for one more number of days, before lastly switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever gained any type of response from Remy in the past. He usually simply hangs around or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His change in attitude absolutely appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves consuming his supper out of problem toys, I was at first a little nervous regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky and also damp , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin using more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs as well as it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is really calming for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a reward, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Lots of proprietors have actually demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching because of allergic reactions, improved energy and also– in some cases– even some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
Yet what regarding me– did I notice any kind of kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of enhanced wellness.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly discover until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking as well as scraping . I didn’t make any type of particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly recognized Remy was itching and damaging far more than he did previously.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll probably end up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will try out various other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension as well as requirements of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this may be beyond several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about several of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and effort saved considering that you will not need to frequently go to PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-lasting could likewise imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving significant cash money with time and potentially extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not fail to remember– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least trying and also experimenting with fresh dog food far more attainable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Much better for food digestion + may ease some health and wellness concerns and allergy issues
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not need cautious dealing with like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food choice
- Not suitable with a lot of puzzle toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the exact same amount of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s absolutely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an impressive ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a terrific choice for any kind of dog, proprietors of pet dogs who are picky eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will especially gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth assessing and also attempting on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it appears like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those large young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal handling to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger pet dogs require ore food, so are more costly to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally get amazing discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?