Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and also better overall health for their pets.
- Special discount rate for our readers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct shipment food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on high quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of real pet protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as included superfoods to benefit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can offer more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does appear that many dogs that have formerly experienced some belly issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting regarding Ollie’s component listing:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed make-up, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No fabricated flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and other yummy ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that owners can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry issue evaluation
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of it all.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some considerable space for his consumes– just a great excuse to round off the gelato), I review the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to say– truly, actually valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food packs themselves are truly well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a bit of a lip on the top which took care of to maintain my counter pretty darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Easier cleanup is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one type of food to an additional without any gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine individuals who declare that a certain brand name of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could involve not correctly moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more number of days, before finally changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever gained any sort of response from Remy in the past. He usually just socializes or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His adjustment in perspective certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big fan. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely likes eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was at first a little anxious about switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is sticky as well as damp , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I just made a decision to begin making use of extra LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to utilize in conjunction with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of proprietors have actually born witness noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergies, enhanced energy and– in many cases– even some behavior renovations, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What about me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of big adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant points I saw after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all basic signs of better health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I really did not right away see up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve gotten pretty familiar with his licking and also damaging . I really did not make any type of certain note or monitorings concerning his itching when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and also damaging much more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This suggests I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will trying out other kinds of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically affordable.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and also requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
However, this may be beyond several pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time and also initiative saved since you won’t need to frequently visit PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might additionally mean less trips to the vet’s workplace, saving significant money over time and also possibly prolonging your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not fail to remember– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will last lasting, it certainly makes the suggestion of a minimum of trying and also trying out with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might ease some health concerns and allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t need mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing a few of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added convenience and also to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not suitable with most problem toys
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training work– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you wish to provide your dog terrific grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an remarkable active ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any dog, proprietors of canines that are particular eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s definitely at least worth assessing and attempting on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I really did not see any kind of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, and it seems like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you may have a bumpy ride going back to kibble when your dog provides you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger canines require ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t neglect, you can also obtain great discount rates on your first order of Ollie with several of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?