Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Several owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, even more energy, and also better general wellness for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct distribution food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to concentrate on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge quantities of real animal healthy protein and also body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to benefit canine wellness.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, yet it does seem that several canines that have actually previously endured some tummy problems or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Real meat is the number one active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 components as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter analysis).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No fabricated flavors, chemicals, or byproducts.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you could eat it, if you wanted to!
For those who fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a obscure correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen recipe includes a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious components.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can check out our video review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his consumes– just a good reason to round off the gelato), I go through the material that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to say– actually, actually helpful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured as well as sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are truly well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it truly easy to scoop out the food.
The packets likewise have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s essential to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more without any gradual transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I constantly examine people who claim that a certain brand of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could relate to not properly moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, after that changed to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional couple of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little excessive.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never ever made any type of type of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just socializes or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to get extremely anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly appears to show that he’s a huge fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy definitely loves eating his dinner out of problem playthings, I was initially a little worried about switching over to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also damp , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just determined to start making use of much more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it exercised great.
LickiMats are a quite awesome device to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several proprietors have testified to discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching as a result of allergies, improved energy and also– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I notice any kind of modification in Remy? I did discover a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also much less stinky– all general indications of better health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t instantly observe until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time now, so I’ve gotten rather familiar with his scraping as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any certain note or observations regarding his itching.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I promptly recognized Remy was itching and damaging much more than he did before.
Given that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly trying out other kinds of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have visualized, Ollie isn’t specifically inexpensive.
The exact rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, however Ollie prices roughly anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort saved since you won’t require to consistently visit PetSmart as well as carry around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term might additionally imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s office, conserving severe cash money with time as well as potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least exploring and also trying with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, also for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some health issues as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, stronger, much less odorous poops
- Does not call for mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit as well as to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Incentive] Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not suitable with the majority of puzzle playthings
- Slightly much more job than feeding kibble (although about the same quantity of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely mobile– it’s certainly not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training work– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just doesn’t work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you want to provide your dog excellent grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs who are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s certainly at least worth evaluating and attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I really did not see any miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he loved the food, as well as it seems like the food may have aided with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger pets call for ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t neglect, you can additionally get wonderful discounts on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals stated in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?