Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of owners discover that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, even more power, and much better total health for their canines.
- Unique price cut for our viewers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to focus on quality and freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of actual pet protein as well as body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can supply more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, but it does seem that lots of pet dogs that have actually formerly experienced some belly concerns or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth noting concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Actual meat is the leading ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and also body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you can consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie offers four dishes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip evaluation as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial room for his consumes– simply a great justification to finish off the ice cream), I review the material that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, yet I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s charming and– I need to say– really, really helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up as well as the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter pretty darn clean– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change slowly. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one sort of food to one more without any steady change is a dish for an upset stomach.
This belongs to the factor I constantly examine people that assert that a certain brand name of dog food provided their dog diarrhea, as it can relate to not properly moving your dog to a new food, rather than being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another number of days, prior to lastly changing completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little also much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or sleeps until I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get very impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset definitely appears to indicate that he’s a huge fan. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried regarding switching to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his dinner out of puzzle toys.
Usually we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is damp and sticky , much of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle toys were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to begin utilizing extra LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it worked out terrific.
LickiMats are a quite outstanding device to use combined with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep even ultra-hungry canines occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous owners have testified to observing a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergies, boosted energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I notice any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few big modifications worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I discovered after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller sized, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic indicators of better health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t immediately discover until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely reduced Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and also scraping . I really did not make any particular note or monitorings regarding his itching when I changed Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did before.
Considering that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot much more, showing that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been aiding with. This implies I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will rely on the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie prices about anywhere from about $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This may be outdoors of lots of pet parents’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when examining price vs worth.
For one, cost-free distribution means time as well as effort conserved because you will not need to consistently go to PetSmart as well as lug around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting might additionally indicate less journeys to the vet’s workplace, conserving severe cash in time and possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it certainly makes the concept of at least experimenting and trying with fresh dog food far more possible, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + may alleviate some wellness problems and allergic reaction concerns
- Smaller sized, firmer, less odorous poops
- Doesn’t require cautious taking care of like raw food does, while still providing several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it pertains to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food option
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the very same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog fantastic grub, most definitely offer Ollie a try.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an excellent component listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs who are particular eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth examining and also attempting for yourself if the advantages deserve the price. While I didn’t see any kind of incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he loved the food, and also it feels like the food might have helped with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large pup dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, be cautious– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with marginal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets require ore food, so are much more expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Yet don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get superb discounts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts impressive protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and hygienic in the fridge.
Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs active ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?