Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that offers tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They supply several vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food leads to shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, as well as better overall wellness for their pets.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that offers direct distribution food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality and quality, with minimally-processed foods including huge amounts of genuine animal healthy protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and also included superfoods to profit canine wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that many pet dogs that have previously suffered some tummy issues or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s component list:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 ingredients as whole meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No artificial tastes, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you intended to!
For those who fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unknown relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and various other delicious ingredients.
Ollie offers four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather interesting!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some substantial space for his eats– just a good reason to finish off the gelato), I review the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to say– truly, truly helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually simple to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any type of dog food button for that matter), it’s crucial to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any progressive transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question people who assert that a certain brand of dog food offered their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not properly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, before ultimately switching over entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little also a lot.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never gained any sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in mindset certainly seems to suggest that he’s a huge fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of puzzle playthings, I was at first a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and also allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is wet as well as sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I just chose to start using extra LickiMats as well as stuffed Kongs and it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to utilize together with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to complete it, and also the licking motion is very calming for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Numerous proprietors have actually born witness discovering a shinier coat, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– in some cases– even some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I observe any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less foul-smelling– all general indicators of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
Another thing I didn’t immediately observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his scraping and licking . I really did not make any type of particular note or observations concerning his irritation when I changed Remy to Ollie.
However, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also scratching far more than he did in the past.
Considering that he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably end up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at the very least– will trying out various other sort of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you might have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The precise price of your Ollie shipment will rely on the size as well as needs of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this may be outside of many pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining cost vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and initiative saved because you won’t need to regularly go to PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food lasting can also imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving significant cash money gradually and possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their initial box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it definitely makes the idea of at the very least attempting and experimenting with fresh dog food far more achievable, even for limited spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, top quality food
- Much better for digestion + may minimize some health concerns and allergy concerns
- Smaller, stronger, much less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t require mindful taking care of like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for utilizing together with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Consists of cute multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of problem playthings
- A little more work than feeding kibble (although regarding the same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not extremely portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not fantastic for training work– if you usually utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food simply doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Certainly provide Ollie a shot if you want to offer your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very top notch fresh food with an impressive ingredient list. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any dog, owners of dogs that are picky eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s definitely a minimum of worth trying and examining on your own if the benefits are worth the price. While I didn’t see any type of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop enhancement were fantastic, he loved the food, and it appears like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog gives you those huge puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with marginal processing to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can also get superb discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the deals discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?