Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that offers personalized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier coats, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and far better general wellness for their dogs.
- Special discount for our viewers– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that offers straight delivery food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are created to concentrate on top quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of real pet healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to claim for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” far better”, but it does appear that many pets that have actually previously suffered some belly issues or allergies do far better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the number one active ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue analysis).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, wheat, or soy .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might consume it, if you intended to!
For those that are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their hen dish contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can have a look at our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, however I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s cute and– I need to claim– really, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth keeping in mind that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really simple to dig the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter quite darn clean– I rarely had a stray item of food mistake. Simpler cleaning is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food button for that issue), it’s essential to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to one more with no gradual change is a dish for an indigestion.
This belongs to the factor I constantly question individuals that assert that a specific brand name of dog food offered their dog diarrhea, as it might concern not properly migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being completely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we began offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched over to 1/2 and also 1/2 for another number of days, before lastly switching over completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy absolutely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally simply socializes or rests till I call him over for supper.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very antsy at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and also make him wait!
His change in attitude certainly seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his dinner out of problem toys, I was originally a little nervous about switching over to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is sticky and also wet , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start utilizing more LickiMats and packed Kongs and it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to use along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog considerably even more time to complete it, as well as the licking motion is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, try freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several owners have demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, reduced itching because of allergic reactions, boosted power and also– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any type of kind of change in Remy? I did see a few large adjustments worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less foul-smelling– all basic indicators of improved health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away discover up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s irritation.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any type of specific note or monitorings concerning his itching.
Yet, when switching off of Ollie and back to his initial kibble, I swiftly realized Remy was itching and also damaging a lot more than he did previously.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been helping with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the very least– will certainly explore other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have envisioned, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The exact cost of your Ollie shipment will certainly rely on the dimension and needs of your dog, but Ollie expenses roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also approximately $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outside of many pet parents’ budgets.
However– it is worth taking into consideration several of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing price vs worth.
For one, totally free delivery means time and also initiative conserved given that you will not need to regularly see PetSmart as well as lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might also indicate less journeys to the vet’s office, saving severe money gradually and also possibly expanding your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our readers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last lasting, it definitely makes the suggestion of at least exploring as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more possible, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some wellness concerns and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less scent-laden poops
- Does not require mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still supplying some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of charming recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of problem toys
- Slightly a lot more job than feeding kibble (although about the very same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food just doesn’t function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Most definitely offer Ollie a shot if you want to provide your dog fantastic grub.
It’s a very top quality fresh food with an remarkable ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any kind of dog, owners of pet dogs that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly take advantage of trying Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth trying and also reviewing on your own if the benefits deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous adjustments in Remy, his poop improvement were great, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you might have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with minimal processing to keep nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog (bigger pets need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
However do not forget, you can also get great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with some of the offers stated in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie?