Ollie Log In Dog Food
Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced hen, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Many proprietors locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergic reactions, more energy, and also far better general wellness for their pets.
- Unique price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing big amounts of real pet healthy protein and also organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can provide even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently “better”, yet it does seem that many pet dogs that have formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s ingredient checklist:
- Real meat is the primary active ingredient, adhered to by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are made by vets.
- No fillers like soy, corn, or wheat .
- No synthetic tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally processed as well as human-grade– you might eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken dish includes a healthy and balanced dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie supplies 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video review as well!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they shed my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial room for his eats– simply a great reason to finish off the ice cream), I read through the product that included the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– actually, truly useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little a discomfort. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured and also sanitary in the fridge.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a perfect fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually easy to dig the food.
The packages also have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter pretty darn clean– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s important to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one type of food to one more with no gradual transition is a dish for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I always examine folks who claim that a particular brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it could involve not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, then changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to ultimately switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he may have liked it a little way too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never ever earned any kind of sort of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy started to obtain very impatient at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and also make him wait!
His change in mindset absolutely seems to show that he’s a huge follower. That, and the large quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was originally a little anxious regarding switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and damp , much of our favorite kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply decided to start using extra LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it exercised terrific.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to use along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably more time to finish it, as well as the licking motion is really comforting for anxious puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt freezing the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that ought to maintain also ultra-hungry dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Lots of owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, improved energy and– sometimes– also some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few large changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major things I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Decreased Itching & Allergies
One more thing I really did not quickly notice up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy young boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his scratching and also licking . I really did not make any particular note or observations regarding his itching when I switched Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I promptly realized Remy was itching and also damaging much even more than he did before.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This means I’ll possibly wind up making the button back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly experiment with various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t specifically economical.
The exact price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ spending plans.
Nonetheless– it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when reviewing expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also initiative conserved because you won’t need to consistently visit PetSmart as well as lug around gigantic bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might additionally imply less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving serious cash money gradually and also possibly extending your pooch’s life expectancy.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at least trying out as well as attempting with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might reduce some health problems and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller, stronger, less scent-laden poops
- Does not need mindful dealing with like raw food does, while still giving a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it involves comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Pricey as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with many challenge toys
- Somewhat more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not excellent for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training reward, wet fresh food simply does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a try if you want to offer your dog terrific grub.
It’s a very premium fresh food with an outstanding component list. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, owners of pets who are fussy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth attempting as well as evaluating for yourself if the advantages are worth the rate. While I really did not see any incredible modifications in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergic reactions.
Be cautious– you could have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those huge pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs need ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also as much as $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can additionally obtain wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts remarkable protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?