Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that provides customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Several proprietors discover that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, fewer allergies, more power, as well as far better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand that gives straight delivery food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s recipes are made to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods including big amounts of actual animal protein as well as body organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally “better”, however it does appear that several dogs that have previously suffered some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes consist of tons of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made tastes, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could eat it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish consists of a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy components.
Ollie supplies 4 dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Let’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video review too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be foolish like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
Once Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his consumes– simply a great reason to round off the gelato), I read through the material that featured the Ollie delivery.
I know this is a small thing, but I absolutely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to state– actually, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and also the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to dig the food.
The packages additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn tidy– I seldom had a stray piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that matter), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional with no steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly question people who declare that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it can involve not appropriately moving your dog to a new food, as opposed to being totally the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional couple of days, before lastly switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never earned any type of kind of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to get really anxious at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was tough to persevere and make him wait!
His change in attitude definitely appears to show that he’s a big fan. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of challenge playthings, I was initially a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and allow him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is sticky and also damp , many of our favorite kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to start utilizing a lot more LickiMats and packed Kongs and also it worked out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite incredible tool to make use of along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, and the licking activity is extremely soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at the very least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Several proprietors have demonstrated seeing a shinier coat, minimized itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what regarding me– did I discover any type of sort of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of huge adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the major points I noticed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also much less smelly– all basic signs of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
An additional point I didn’t instantly observe till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy young boy for a long time now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his damaging and also licking . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of certain note or observations concerning his itching.
However, when switching off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching as well as scraping far more than he did previously.
Because he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a whole lot more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy concerns that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll probably wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly explore other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have pictured, Ollie isn’t exactly affordable.
The exact price of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the size as well as demands of your dog, but Ollie costs about anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 pound dog.
This may be outside of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth considering some of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when examining price vs worth.
For one, complimentary distribution means time as well as initiative conserved because you won’t need to regularly go to PetSmart and also lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could additionally imply less journeys to the vet’s office, conserving major money in time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will last long-lasting, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least experimenting as well as attempting with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Much better for food digestion + might alleviate some health concerns and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Does not require careful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering a few of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for added ease and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not suitable with a lot of challenge toys
- Somewhat much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not wonderful for training work– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training incentive, damp fresh food just does not work also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a try if you want to use your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really high-grade fresh food with an outstanding active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a excellent alternative for any dog, owners of pet dogs that are choosy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have questionable poops will particularly benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly a minimum of worth trying as well as assessing for yourself if the advantages deserve the rate. While I didn’t see any kind of miraculous modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he adored the food, and it feels like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a tough time returning to kibble when your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are a lot more expensive to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t fail to remember, you can likewise get amazing price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with some of the offers pointed out in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever sealed as well as hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?