Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food shipment service that gives customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide several vet-designed dishes featuring USA-sourced hen, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Special price cut for our visitors– obtain 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including big quantities of actual pet healthy protein and organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to state for certain whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, but it does seem that numerous pets that have actually formerly experienced some stomach issues or allergic reactions do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting about Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the primary component, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 as well as # 2 ingredients as entire meats as well as body organ meats causes a protein-packed composition, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, corn, or soy .
- No synthetic flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you can eat it, if you wished to!
For those who are nervous concerning the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food as well as DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive dish; their poultry dish contains a healthy and balanced dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty components.
Ollie uses four dishes that owners can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( protected with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food got here, it was quite interesting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, put on some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial area for his consumes– just a great justification to finish off the gelato), I read through the material that came with the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely love the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to claim– actually, truly beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well made. The plastic tabs are easy to open up and the leading sheet of plastic slides right off, making it actually very easy to dig the food.
The packets also have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming piece of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is always appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any kind of dog food switch for that issue), it’s crucial to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to an additional without any steady shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the factor I always question people who declare that a certain brand name of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began providing Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, then switched over to 1/2 and 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to finally changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! Actually, he could have liked it a little too much.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has actually never ever earned any kind of kind of response from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to get very restless at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His change in perspective absolutely seems to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and the copious amounts of drool he would give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little worried concerning switching over to fresh dog food due to the fact that Remy absolutely loves eating his supper out of challenge playthings.
Generally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as allow him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and also sticky , a lot of our favored kibble-dispensing problem playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just decided to begin making use of much more LickiMats and also packed Kongs and it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible device to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous owners have actually born witness discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergies, enhanced energy and– in some cases– even some behavioral enhancements, after changing to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any type of kind of adjustment in Remy? I did discover a few large changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and much less smelly– all general indicators of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
An additional thing I really did not instantly notice up until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s irritation.
Remy has been an scratchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his licking and scraping . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any particular note or monitorings regarding his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his initial kibble, I swiftly understood Remy was itching and scratching much even more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal much more, indicating that he possibly has some allergy problems that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the very least– will certainly explore other sort of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have imagined, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The specific cost of your Ollie delivery will depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, but Ollie prices roughly anywhere from around $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and approximately $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of numerous pet moms and dads’ spending plans.
However– it is worth considering a few of the various other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when evaluating price vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort saved considering that you won’t require to consistently see PetSmart and lug around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term could also mean less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, saving significant cash gradually as well as possibly prolonging your pooch’s life-span.
Do not fail to remember– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last lasting, it definitely makes the concept of at the very least trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food far more attainable, also for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Let’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Much better for food digestion + might minimize some health and wellness problems and allergy problems
- Smaller, firmer, less odorous poops
- Does not need careful handling like raw food does, while still giving several of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Benefit] Includes lovable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with many challenge playthings
- A little a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same amount of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not wonderful for training job– if you typically use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food simply does not function.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog terrific grub, most definitely give Ollie a try.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an excellent component checklist. While Ollie is a fantastic option for any dog, proprietors of canines that are fussy eaters, have sensitive bellies, or have doubtful poops will specifically gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s certainly at least worth examining as well as trying for yourself if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop improvement were wonderful, he adored the food, and also it seems like the food may have helped with his allergic reactions.
Be careful– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble when your dog gives you those big puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends on the size of your dog ( larger pet dogs require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But do not forget, you can also obtain great price cuts on your very first order of Ollie with several of the bargains pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food likewise boasts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything sealed and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?