Ollie Homemade Dog Food
Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU choose– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Many owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, more power, and also far better general health and wellness for their dogs.
- Special price cut for our readers– obtain 60% off your initial box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a subscription basis.
Ollie’s dishes are developed to concentrate on high quality and also freshness, with minimally-processed foods including large amounts of genuine pet protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can give even more nutrients to dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s difficult to say without a doubt whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, however it does appear that many dogs that have actually previously endured some belly problems or allergies do much better on a fresh diet plan like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s ingredient list:
- Genuine meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as whole meats and also body organ meats results in a protein-packed structure, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% protein (with a dry matter evaluation).
- Dishes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All dishes are created by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally refined and also human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those who fidget concerning the FDA’s alert of a undetermined relationship in between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish includes a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other tasty active ingredients.
Ollie offers 4 recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, pleasant potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% healthy protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can look into our video testimonial too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with solidified carbon dioxide! The food blocks were so chilly that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be stupid like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his eats– simply a great reason to round off the gelato), I review the material that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, yet I definitely love the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I have to claim– truly, truly useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to keep re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for supper.
It’s additionally worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are easy to open as well as the leading sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually easy to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which managed to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift slowly. Changing your dog’s diet from one sort of food to another with no steady transition is a recipe for an indigestion.
This belongs to the reason I always question people who declare that a certain brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it might pertain to not appropriately moving your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as advised, we started out giving Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, in addition to 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for 2 days, then changed to 1/2 and also 1/2 for one more couple of days, before finally switching over totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little also a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never ever earned any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically simply hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
But, after switching to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm and make him wait!
His modification in perspective definitely appears to indicate that he’s a huge follower. That, and also the copious quantities of drool he would certainly dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Because Remy definitely enjoys consuming his supper out of challenge playthings, I was originally a little nervous about switching to fresh dog food.
Typically we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Considering that fresh food is damp as well as sticky , a lot of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nevertheless, I simply chose to start utilizing more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs as well as it worked out great.
LickiMats are a pretty incredible tool to utilize combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to complete it, as well as the licking activity is very comforting for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a incentive, attempt cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pets inhabited for at least 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after attempting Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching as a result of allergic reactions, enhanced energy as well as– in some cases– even some behavior enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
What regarding me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did notice a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant points I noticed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also much less stinky– all general indicators of enhanced health.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t immediately see up until changing back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy kid for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his licking and also scratching . When I switched over Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any type of particular note or observations concerning his irritation.
When changing off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I rapidly recognized Remy was itching and scraping a lot more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot extra, suggesting that he most likely has some allergy concerns that Ollie had actually been assisting with. This suggests I’ll possibly end up making the button back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely economical.
The specific price of your Ollie shipment will depend on the dimension and requirements of your dog, but Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also up to $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of several pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet plan when assessing expense vs value.
For one, cost-free delivery means time and also effort saved since you will not require to regularly check out PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food long-term can also indicate less trips to the vet’s office, conserving severe cash money gradually and potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not forget– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a price cut that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of at the very least trying and exploring with fresh dog food much more attainable, even for limited budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for food digestion + might relieve some health problems and also allergic reaction problems
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still providing some of the very same
- Pre-portioned packets for included comfort and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for utilizing together with LickiMats or kongs
- [Bonus] Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food option
- Not compatible with the majority of puzzle playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although concerning the very same quantity of effort as feeding wet tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you generally use your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just does not function also.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you want to provide your dog excellent grub, certainly offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top notch fresh food with an excellent active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any dog, owners of canines who are fussy eaters, have sensitive stomachs, or have questionable poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at least worth examining and also trying for yourself if the benefits are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any type of incredible changes in Remy, his poop improvement were excellent, he was crazy about the food, as well as it seems like the food might have aided with his allergic reactions.
When your dog provides you those large pup dog eyes pleading for more of the fresh stuff, beware– you could have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully prepared with marginal handling to maintain nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the size of your dog ( larger pets need ore food, so are more pricey to feed).
Generally, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Yet don’t forget, you can also get superb discount rates on your very first order of Ollie with a few of the bargains mentioned in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed as well as sanitary in the fridge.
Includes cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie?