Today we’re assessing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food distribution service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They offer numerous vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Several owners find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, more power, and far better overall health for their canines.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– obtain 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that provides straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s dishes are designed to focus on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods including huge quantities of genuine pet protein and also body organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to benefit canine health.
The idea is that fresh foods can supply even more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s hard to claim without a doubt whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, yet it does appear that numerous pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair things worth noting concerning Ollie’s component checklist:
- Real meat is the top ingredient, followed by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats causes a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Recipes include lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are designed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown connection in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish contains a healthy dose of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other tasty ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that proprietors can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry matter analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my individual experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of it all.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip evaluation too!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our very first box of Ollie dog food got here, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the freezer (we did need to make some significant area for his eats– simply a excellent reason to finish off the ice cream), I check out the product that featured the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I have to claim– truly, actually helpful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a best fit for the fresh food packs, making it easy to stand out a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are actually well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it actually simple to scoop out the food.
The packets also have a little a lip on the top which handled to maintain my counter rather darn tidy– I seldom had a roaming item of food make a mess. Easier cleanup is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie (and any dog food button for that issue), it’s vital to make the shift gradually. Switching your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any gradual transition is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the factor I constantly question folks that claim that a particular brand of dog food gave their dog diarrhea, as it might involve not effectively migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyhow, as instructed, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that switched to 1/2 and also 1/2 for an additional number of days, before ultimately switching totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He may have liked it a little too much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This routine has never ever made any kind of type of response from Remy in the past. He normally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for dinner.
After switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain really antsy at around 5:00 pm, whining at me to feed him. It was tough to stand firm and also make him wait!
His modification in mindset absolutely appears to suggest that he’s a big fan. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Since Remy definitely loves consuming his dinner out of puzzle playthings, I was initially a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Since fresh food is wet and sticky , a lot of our favorite kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. However, I simply determined to start making use of much more LickiMats and also stuffed Kongs and also it exercised wonderful.
LickiMats are a pretty amazing device to use along with fresh food– pressing the food right into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog considerably even more time to finish it, as well as the licking activity is very relaxing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a bonus, try cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that should keep even ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Many owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, lowered itching due to allergic reactions, boosted energy as well as– in some cases– also some behavior enhancements, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what about me– did I discover any type of adjustment in Remy? I did see a couple of huge changes worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I noticed after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as a lot less stinky– all basic indications of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more point I didn’t quickly discover up until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie definitely minimized Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an itchy child for quite a while currently, so I’ve obtained pretty familiar with his scratching and also licking . I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his irritation when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
When switching off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I rapidly realized Remy was itching and damaging a lot more than he did in the past.
Since he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal extra, suggesting that he possibly has some allergy issues that Ollie had been helping with. This suggests I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at least– will certainly explore various other type of foods that can aid Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t specifically low-cost.
The exact rate of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend upon the dimension and demands of your dog, but Ollie costs roughly anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Sadly, this might be beyond several pet moms and dads’ budgets.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, complimentary delivery means time as well as effort conserved because you will not need to regularly check out PetSmart and also carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting might additionally suggest fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, saving serious cash money gradually as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our viewers can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last lasting, it absolutely makes the idea of at least trying as well as exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, even for tight budget plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the pros and cons of Ollie.
- Fresh, premium food
- Better for food digestion + might ease some health and wellness problems and also allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not call for cautious handling like raw food does, while still giving some of the same
- Pre-portioned packets for included benefit and to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for using along with Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Includes lovable reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-lasting food alternative
- Not suitable with the majority of challenge playthings
- A little extra job than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding damp canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s definitely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training job– if you generally utilize your dog’s food as a training reward, damp fresh food simply doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to supply your dog terrific grub.
It’s a extremely high-grade fresh food with an outstanding ingredient list. While Ollie is a terrific alternative for any kind of dog, owners of canines that are picky eaters, have delicate tummies, or have suspicious poops will especially gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at least worth attempting and also assessing on your own if the benefits deserve the cost. While I really did not see any kind of incredible adjustments in Remy, his poop renovation were wonderful, he was crazy about the food, and also it feels like the food might have assisted with his allergies.
Beware– you could have a bumpy ride returning to kibble when your dog offers you those big puppy dog eyes asking for more of the fresh stuff!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s prices depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger pets call for ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from about $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
Do not fail to remember, you can likewise obtain fantastic discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with some of the bargains discussed in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with costs active ingredients and also fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food also boasts outstanding healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to keep re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain every little thing secured as well as hygienic in the refrigerator.
Includes adorable recyclable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?