Ollie Hearty Beef Eats Dog Food
Today we’re evaluating the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to help YOU determine– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that offers customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They use several vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced chicken, lamb, turkey, or beef .
- Lots of proprietors find that switching over to Ollie’s fresh food causes shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more power, and much better general health and wellness for their canines.
- Special price cut for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand name that provides direct distribution food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are developed to focus on quality as well as quality, with minimally-processed foods containing large amounts of actual pet protein and also body organ meats, together with fruits, veggies, as well as added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can provide more nutrients to pet dogs than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to claim for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does appear that several pet dogs that have previously suffered some tummy problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind about Ollie’s ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the leading component, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as entire meats and body organ meats results in a protein-packed composition, with dishes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry matter evaluation).
- Recipes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and also others.
- All dishes are created by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No synthetic flavors, chemicals, or spin-offs.
- Recipes are minimally processed and human-grade– you might consume it, if you wished to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unclear correlation between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie likewise has a grain-inclusive recipe; their chicken dish contains a healthy dosage of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as various other delicious active ingredients.
Ollie uses four dishes that proprietors can pick from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with dry matter evaluation
- Hen: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter my individual experience with Ollie as well as see what Remy thought of all of it.
Prefer video? You can look into our video clip review as well!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was fairly amazing!
Remy’s fresh food arrived in frozen blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cold that they burned my fingers a little– do not be stupid like me, wear some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable space for his eats– just a great reason to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I recognize this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable and also– I need to claim– truly, really useful. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s included tupperware is a ideal suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food packs themselves are actually well created. The plastic tabs are very easy to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly simple to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a little bit of a lip on the top which handled to keep my counter rather darn tidy– I hardly ever had a roaming item of food mistake. Less complicated cleaning is constantly appreciated!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to one more without any steady change is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question individuals who assert that a specific brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not effectively migrating your dog to a brand-new food, rather than being totally the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we started offering Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for 2 days, after that changed to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more couple of days, before lastly changing entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding directions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy definitely liked his fresh food experience with Ollie! He could have liked it a little as well much.
I generally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This timetable has actually never earned any kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs out or sleeps until I call him over for dinner.
However, after switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely restless at around 5:00 pm, grumbling at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His change in attitude definitely appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, as well as the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
Due to the fact that Remy absolutely likes consuming his dinner out of puzzle toys, I was initially a little anxious concerning switching to fresh dog food.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Given that fresh food is sticky as well as wet , most of our preferred kibble-dispensing puzzle playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. Nonetheless, I simply chose to start making use of a lot more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs as well as it worked out excellent.
LickiMats are a rather incredible tool to use combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and the licking motion is extremely comforting for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt cold the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry pet dogs occupied for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Numerous proprietors have testified to discovering a shinier layer, lowered itching due to allergies, enhanced energy and– in some cases– also some behavior renovations, after switching to Ollie’s fresh food.
What concerning me– did I discover any type of kind of modification in Remy? I did observe a few big adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
One of the significant things I saw after switching over Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, as well as much less smelly– all general indicators of improved health.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
One more thing I didn’t right away observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie absolutely decreased Remy’s itching.
Remy has been an itchy boy for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained quite familiar with his damaging as well as licking . When I switched Remy to Ollie, I didn’t make any certain note or observations regarding his irritation.
When switching over off of Ollie and back to his original kibble, I rapidly understood Remy was itching and also scratching much more than he did in the past.
Because he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot much more, indicating that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been assisting with. This indicates I’ll most likely end up making the switch back to Ollie eventually, or– at the minimum– will experiment with other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have visualized, Ollie isn’t precisely cheap.
The specific rate of your Ollie shipment will rely on the dimension and demands of your dog, yet Ollie costs approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and also approximately $11 daily for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this may be beyond numerous pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
Nevertheless– it is worth thinking about some of the various other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs value.
For one, free distribution means time and also initiative conserved given that you will not need to consistently check out PetSmart as well as haul around giant bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could additionally imply fewer trips to the vet’s office, saving serious money over time as well as possibly expanding your pooch’s lifespan.
Don’t neglect– Our viewers can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at the very least trying and exploring with fresh dog food a lot more attainable, also for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Better for digestion + might alleviate some health issues as well as allergic reaction problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, less fragrant poops
- Does not need mindful handling like raw food does, while still providing several of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for using alongside LickiMats or kongs
- [ Bonus offer] Consists of charming reusable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a long-term food alternative
- Not compatible with most puzzle toys
- Slightly a lot more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s certainly not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not terrific for training job– if you typically utilize your dog’s food as a training incentive, wet fresh food just doesn’t function as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Definitely provide Ollie a shot if you desire to offer your dog excellent grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an excellent active ingredient checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful alternative for any type of dog, owners of canines that are fussy eaters, have delicate stomachs, or have suspicious poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your first box, it’s absolutely at the very least worth trying as well as evaluating on your own if the benefits are worth the rate. While I really did not see any kind of miraculous changes in Remy, his poop renovation were excellent, he adored the food, as well as it appears like the food might have helped with his allergies.
Be cautious– you might have a difficult time returning to kibble when your dog gives you those huge pup dog eyes asking for more of the fresh things!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently cooked with marginal handling to preserve nutrients.
How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing depends on the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are extra pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 per day to feed a 10 lb dog, and as much as $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
However don’t forget, you can likewise obtain great price cuts on your initial order of Ollie with a few of the deals mentioned in this short article.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food also boasts excellent healthy protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the comments listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep everything secured and sanitary in the refrigerator.
Includes lovable multiple-use dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with premium active ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?