Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand Ollie in order to help YOU make a decision– is Ollie worth pursuing your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery solution that gives tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed dishes including USA-sourced poultry, turkey, beef, or lamb .
- Lots of proprietors find that changing to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, fewer allergies, even more energy, and better general health and wellness for their pets.
- Special discount rate for our viewers– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand of fresh dog food brand that supplies direct shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s recipes are created to concentrate on quality as well as freshness, with minimally-processed foods consisting of big amounts of genuine animal healthy protein and also organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and included superfoods to profit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed completely dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” far better”, yet it does seem that many pet dogs that have formerly suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do far better on a fresh diet like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple points worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s active ingredient checklist:
- Genuine meat is the top ingredient, complied with by body organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 active ingredients as whole meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with dishes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, and others.
- All recipes are designed by vets.
- No fillers like corn, soy, or wheat .
- No man-made flavors, chemicals, or by-products.
- Dishes are minimally processed and human-grade– you can consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that are nervous about the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive dish; their chicken recipe contains a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, as well as other delicious ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 dishes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, sweet potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil (preserved with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Chicken: Chicken, poultry gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% healthy protein with dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with dry issue evaluation
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can take a look at our video testimonial too!
Component 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our first box of Ollie dog food arrived, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were kept ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so chilly that they burned my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, use some gloves!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
When Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did need to make some substantial space for his consumes– simply a good excuse to round off the ice cream), I check out the product that included the Ollie shipment.
I understand this is a small thing, but I definitely enjoy the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute and– I have to claim– really, really valuable. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little a pain. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain everything secured and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a excellent suitable for the fresh food packs, making it easy to pop a half-pack in the container and also whip it out for supper.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food packs themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are very easy to open as well as the top sheet of plastic slides right off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a little a lip on the top which took care of to keep my counter rather darn clean– I rarely had a stray piece of food mistake. Simpler clean-up is always valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Part 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food switch for that issue), it’s vital to make the change gradually. Changing your dog’s diet plan from one kind of food to an additional without any progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This is part of the reason I constantly examine folks who assert that a specific brand of dog food gave their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can pertain to not properly moving your dog to a new food, instead of being completely the food’s fault.
Anyway, as advised, we began giving Remy just 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his normal kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for another couple of days, prior to lastly changing totally to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy most definitely loved his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he could have liked it a little too much.
I usually feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has never earned any type of kind of reaction from Remy in the past. He generally just hangs out or rests up until I call him over for supper.
After switching to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely impatient at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to stand firm as well as make him wait!
His adjustment in mindset absolutely seems to suggest that he’s a large follower. That, and the massive amounts of drool he would dispense as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was originally a little anxious concerning changing to fresh dog food since Remy definitely enjoys eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Typically we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has a lot enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and also sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge playthings were out when feeding with Ollie. I just determined to start using a lot more LickiMats and stuffed Kongs and it functioned out excellent.
LickiMats are a pretty awesome tool to utilize along with fresh food– pushing the food right into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially even more time to finish it, and also the licking movement is extremely soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to keep also ultra-hungry canines inhabited for at least 30 minutes or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have demonstrated discovering a shinier coat, minimized itching because of allergic reactions, enhanced energy and– in some cases– also some behavioral renovations, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what about me– did I see any kind of modification in Remy? I did see a few large adjustments worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller sized, greener, as well as much less smelly– all basic signs of enhanced health and wellness.
2. Lowered Itching & Allergies
Another point I really did not instantly see until switching back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie most definitely lowered Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has actually been an itchy kid for a long time now, so I’ve gotten quite accustomed to his damaging and licking . I didn’t make any type of particular note or observations concerning his itchiness when I switched over Remy to Ollie.
But, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his initial kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, showing that he possibly has some allergic reaction issues that Ollie had been aiding with. This means I’ll most likely end up making the button back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will certainly experiment with other kinds of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have thought of, Ollie isn’t precisely inexpensive.
The precise rate of your Ollie shipment will certainly depend upon the dimension as well as needs of your dog, however Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from approximately $3.50 per day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond lots of pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when assessing expense vs value.
For one, totally free shipment means time as well as effort conserved because you will not need to routinely go to PetSmart and also haul around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term might also indicate less journeys to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash over time and potentially extending your pooch’s life-span.
Don’t fail to remember– Our visitors can get 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-term, it absolutely makes the concept of a minimum of trying out and also attempting with fresh dog food much more achievable, even for tight spending plans.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Allow’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-quality food
- Better for food digestion + might minimize some health and wellness problems and allergy issues
- Smaller, stronger, less fragrant poops
- Doesn’t call for careful dealing with like raw food does, while still offering some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packages for added benefit and also to prevent overfeeding
- Dog food is provided to your door– no bring heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of alongside Kongs or LickiMats
- [ Incentive] Consists of cute recyclable dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Costly as a long-lasting food choice
- Not compatible with many problem toys
- Somewhat a lot more job than feeding kibble (although regarding the exact same amount of initiative as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not really portable– it’s absolutely not as convenient as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not great for training job– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work as well.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
If you intend to use your dog fantastic grub, absolutely offer Ollie a shot.
It’s a extremely top quality fresh food with an outstanding ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any dog, owners of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have delicate bellies, or have suspicious poops will especially take advantage of attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your initial box, it’s certainly at the very least worth attempting and also examining on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I really did not see any type of incredible modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he loved the food, and also it seems like the food might have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for even more of the fresh things, be careful– you might have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is carefully cooked with very little handling to preserve nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates depends upon the dimension of your dog ( larger dogs require ore food, so are much more pricey to feed).
Normally, Ollie costs anywhere from approximately $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, and up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
But don’t fail to remember, you can additionally get wonderful discount rates on your initial order of Ollie with several of the deals pointed out in this post.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts remarkable healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% healthy protein!
Have you ever before attempted feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks listed below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, handling the dog food packs was a bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep whatever secured and hygienic in the fridge.
Consists of adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it comes to contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients and fresh meats, fruits, and veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?