Today we’re reviewing the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to aid YOU decide– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Let’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that supplies customized pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide a number of vet-designed recipes featuring USA-sourced poultry, lamb, beef, or turkey .
- Many owners locate that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier coats, less allergic reactions, even more power, and also far better general wellness for their pets.
- Unique discount rate for our visitors– get 60% off your very first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight delivery food on a registration basis.
Ollie’s recipes are designed to concentrate on top quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods consisting of huge amounts of genuine pet healthy protein and also organ meats, along with fruits, veggies, and added superfoods to benefit canine health and wellness.
The idea is that fresh foods can offer even more nutrients to canines than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s difficult to state for sure whether fresh dog food is naturally ” much better”, however it does seem that lots of pets that have previously suffered some belly problems or allergic reactions do better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A couple things worth keeping in mind concerning Ollie’s component list:
- Real meat is the top active ingredient, complied with by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and # 2 components as entire meats as well as body organ meats leads to a protein-packed composition, with recipes ranging from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a completely dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All dishes are developed by veterinarians.
- No fillers like soy, wheat, or corn .
- No artificial tastes, preservatives, or spin-offs.
- Dishes are minimally refined and human-grade– you could consume it, if you wished to!
For those that fidget regarding the FDA’s alert of a unknown correlation between grain-free dog food and also DCM, Ollie additionally has a grain-inclusive recipe; their poultry recipe consists of a healthy dosage of rice, along with carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also various other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie supplies four recipes that proprietors can select from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% protein with dry matter analysis
- Hen: Chicken, hen gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, whole dried eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Turkey: Turkey breast, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry issue evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s enter into my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy thought of everything.
Prefer video clip? You can take a look at our video clip evaluation also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was quite amazing!
Remy’s fresh food showed up in frozen blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– do not be foolish like me, use some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was safely stored in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some substantial area for his consumes– just a good justification to round off the ice cream), I read through the product that came with the Ollie delivery.
I understand this is a small thing, however I absolutely like the container Ollie sent with Remy’s food shipment.
It’s adorable as well as– I need to state– really, really beneficial. When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I needed to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing sealed and also hygienic in the fridge.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a perfect suitable for the fresh food packs, making it simple to stand out a half-pack in the container as well as whip it out for dinner.
It’s also worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well developed. The plastic tabs are easy to open and also the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it really easy to scoop out the food.
The packets additionally have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter pretty darn tidy– I rarely had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated cleanup is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( as well as any kind of dog food switch for that matter), it’s crucial to make the shift gradually. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one kind of food to an additional with no steady change is a recipe for an indigestion.
This is part of the factor I constantly examine people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it could concern not properly moving your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started offering Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, together with 3/4 of his typical kibble. We did that for two days, then switched to 1/2 and 1/2 for one more number of days, prior to lastly switching entirely to Ollie.
ollie feeding guidelines
Part 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! He might have liked it a little as well a lot.
I normally feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never made any type of sort of response from Remy in the past. He normally simply hangs around or sleeps till I call him over for supper.
However, after changing to Ollie, Remy began to obtain very anxious at around 5:00 pm, whimpering at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere and make him wait!
His modification in perspective certainly appears to show that he’s a big follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would dispense as I prepared his bowl!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was initially a little nervous regarding changing to fresh dog food since Remy absolutely enjoys consuming his dinner out of challenge playthings.
Generally we placed some kibble in a Kong Wobbler and let him have at it– he has so much fun!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet and sticky , a number of our favored kibble-dispensing problem toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I simply made a decision to start utilizing more LickiMats as well as packed Kongs and also it worked out fantastic.
LickiMats are a quite remarkable device to utilize along with fresh food– pressing the food into a LickiMat will take your dog substantially more time to finish it, as well as the licking movement is really soothing for distressed puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a benefit, attempt freezing the frozen Ollie-filled LickiMat– that need to maintain also ultra-hungry pet dogs inhabited for a minimum of 30 mins or longer!
Part 4: What Were the Results?
— after trying Ollie for a couple weeks, what were the outcomes?
Lots of owners have born witness discovering a shinier layer, decreased itching due to allergic reactions, enhanced power as well as– in some cases– also some behavioral enhancements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
But what concerning me– did I observe any kind of change in Remy? I did notice a few large modifications worth keeping in mind:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the significant things I observed after switching Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops got smaller, greener, and also a lot less stinky– all basic signs of better health.
2. Minimized Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly observe until switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly minimized Remy’s itchiness.
Remy has been an itchy child for quite a while now, so I’ve obtained rather accustomed to his scratching as well as licking . I didn’t make any type of specific note or observations regarding his itchiness when I changed Remy to Ollie.
When switching over off of Ollie and also back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and also scraping a lot more than he did before.
Since he stabbed in the back kibble, he’s been licking his paws a great deal a lot more, suggesting that he most likely has some allergic reaction concerns that Ollie had actually been helping with. This implies I’ll possibly wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some time, or– at least– will certainly trying out various other type of foods that can help Remster with his allergic reactions.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you could have imagined, Ollie isn’t exactly cheap.
The specific price of your Ollie delivery will certainly depend on the dimension and needs of your dog, yet Ollie expenses approximately anywhere from around $3.50 each day to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as up to $11 each day for an 80 lb dog.
This might be outdoors of lots of pet moms and dads’ budget plans.
— it is worth taking into consideration some of the other advantages of feeding your dog a fresh diet when reviewing price vs worth.
For one, free shipment means time and also effort conserved considering that you will not need to routinely check out PetSmart as well as carry around huge bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a much healthier food lasting could also imply fewer trips to the veterinarian’s workplace, conserving severe cash in time and also potentially expanding your pooch’s life-span.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can obtain 60% off their first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount that will certainly last long-lasting, it certainly makes the concept of a minimum of attempting as well as experimenting with fresh dog food a lot more achievable, even for limited budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Pros & Cons
Let’s summarize the advantages and disadvantages of Ollie.
- Fresh, high-grade food
- Better for digestion + may alleviate some wellness problems and also allergic reaction issues
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less fragrant poops
- Does not call for careful handling like raw food does, while still supplying several of the same
- Pre-portioned packages for included comfort as well as to stop overfeeding
- Dog food is delivered to your door– no carrying heavy bags of kibble around community
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Perk] Includes charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it concerns contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with the majority of challenge playthings
- A little much more work than feeding kibble (although about the exact same quantity of effort as feeding wet canned dog food).
- Not very mobile– it’s definitely not as hassle-free as kibble for on-the-go eating.
- Not fantastic for training job– if you normally utilize your dog’s food as a training benefit, damp fresh food just doesn’t work too.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a try if you desire to provide your dog terrific grub.
It’s a really high-quality fresh food with an remarkable component checklist. While Ollie is a wonderful option for any type of dog, proprietors of dogs that are particular eaters, have delicate tummies, or have questionable poops will especially benefit from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s definitely at the very least worth assessing and trying on your own if the benefits deserve the price. While I didn’t see any type of remarkable modifications in Remy, his poop renovation were terrific, he adored the food, as well as it seems like the food may have helped with his allergies.
When your dog gives you those big young puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh things, beware– you may have a difficult time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is gently prepared with minimal processing to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s pricing relies on the size of your dog (bigger dogs call for ore food, so are a lot more pricey to feed).
Typically, Ollie sets you back anywhere from around $3.50 daily to feed a 10 pound dog, as well as as much as $11 daily for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t forget, you can likewise obtain wonderful discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the offers discussed in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium components and also fresh meats, fruits, as well as veggies. This food additionally flaunts outstanding protein numbers, ranging anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the remarks listed below!
When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to keep every little thing secured and sanitary in the fridge.
Consists of cute reusable dog food container, which sets Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs components and fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever before tried feeding your dog Ollie?