Today we’re examining the fresh dog food brand name Ollie in order to assist YOU determine– is Ollie worth trying for your dog?
Allow’s dig in!
Ollie Review: Key Points & Recap
- Ollie is a fresh dog food delivery service that provides tailored pre-portioned freshly-cooked dog food.
- They provide numerous vet-designed recipes including USA-sourced poultry, beef, lamb, or turkey .
- Lots of owners find that switching to Ollie’s fresh food results in shinier layers, less allergic reactions, more power, and also better general health for their dogs.
- Unique discount for our visitors– get 60% off your first box of Ollie!
What is Ollie & What is “Fresh” Dog Food?
Ollie is a brand name of fresh dog food brand name that supplies straight shipment food on a membership basis.
Ollie’s dishes are made to concentrate on high quality and also quality, with minimally-processed foods containing huge amounts of actual animal protein as well as organ meats, in addition to fruits, veggies, and also added superfoods to profit canine health.
The belief is that fresh foods can give more nutrients to pets than ultra-processed dry kibble. It’s tough to say for certain whether fresh dog food is inherently ” much better”, however it does appear that lots of pet dogs that have actually previously experienced some belly concerns or allergies do much better on a fresh diet regimen like Ollie.
Ollie Ingredients & Recipes
A pair points worth keeping in mind regarding Ollie’s active ingredient listing:
- Actual meat is the primary component, adhered to by organ meat.
- Having the # 1 and also # 2 components as entire meats as well as organ meats results in a protein-packed make-up, with recipes varying from 35%– 44% healthy protein (with a dry issue evaluation).
- Dishes consist of lots of veggies, with kale, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, peas, squash, as well as others.
- All recipes are made by veterinarians.
- No fillers like wheat, soy, or corn .
- No artificial flavors, preservatives, or by-products.
- Recipes are minimally refined as well as human-grade– you might consume it, if you wanted to!
For those that fidget about the FDA’s alert of a unclear relationship in between grain-free dog food and DCM, Ollie also has a grain-inclusive recipe; their hen dish consists of a healthy dose of rice, in addition to carrots, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, and also other yummy active ingredients.
Ollie uses 4 recipes that owners can choose from:
- Beef: Beef, beef heart, wonderful potato, peas, potato, beef kidney, carrot, beef liver, spinach, chia seed, dicalcium phosphate, blueberries, fish oil ( maintained with tocopherols), iodized salt, zinc gluconate, rosemary, vitamin E supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), potassium iodide | 37% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
- Poultry: Chicken, chicken gizzard, carrots, peas, chicken liver, rice, chia seeds, spinach, potatoes, entire dried out eggs, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, blueberries, fish oil, Iodized salt, cod liver oil, zinc gluconate, rosemary, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, potassium Iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2) | 35% protein with dry matter analysis
- Turkey: Turkey bust, turkey liver, kale, carrots, lentils, blueberries, coconut oil, pumpkin, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, zinc gluconate, cod liver oil, iron sulfate, manganese gluconate, manganese sulfate, copper gluconate, vitamin E supplement, thiamin hydrochloride, potassium iodate | | 44% protein with completely dry matter evaluation
- Lamb: Lamb, lamb liver, butternut squash, kale, chickpeas, cranberries, potato, chia seeds, dicalcium phosphate, iodized salt, calcium carbonate, zinc gluconate, taurine, vitamin E supplement, iron sulfate, pantothenic acid, potassium iodate, manganese gluconate, thiamin hydrochloride, folic acid | 36% healthy protein with completely dry issue analysis
Ollie Food Block
Ollie Review: My Personal Experience
Allow’s get involved in my personal experience with Ollie and also see what Remy idea of everything.
Prefer video? You can check out our video testimonial also!
Part 1: Ollie Arrives!
When our initial box of Ollie dog food showed up, it was rather exciting!
Remy’s fresh food got here in icy blocks, which were maintained ultra-cold with dry ice! The food blocks were so cool that they melted my fingers a little– don’t be dumb like me, put on some handwear covers!
Ollie Fresh Food Review
As soon as Remy’s fresh food was securely packed away in the fridge freezer (we did have to make some considerable room for his eats– just a great reason to round off the gelato), I check out the product that featured the Ollie shipment.
I know this is a small thing, but I definitely like the container Ollie sent out with Remy’s food delivery.
It’s cute as well as– I need to claim– truly, really useful. When attempting fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, managing the dog food packs was a little bit of a discomfort. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packets in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever secured and hygienic in the refrigerator.
Ollie’s consisted of tupperware is a ideal fit for the fresh food packs, making it very easy to pop a half-pack in the container and whip it out for dinner.
It’s likewise worth noting that the food loads themselves are really well designed. The plastic tabs are simple to open up and the top sheet of plastic slides straight off, making it truly easy to dig the food.
The packages likewise have a bit of a lip on the top which managed to keep my counter quite darn clean– I seldom had a roaming piece of food make a mess. Less complicated clean-up is constantly valued!
Ollie Packaging Top
Component 2: Making the Switch & Transitioning to Ollie
With Ollie ( and also any type of dog food button for that issue), it’s important to make the transition slowly. Changing your dog’s diet regimen from one sort of food to another without any progressive shift is a recipe for an upset stomach.
This becomes part of the reason I constantly question people who claim that a particular brand name of dog food provided their dog looseness of the bowels, as it can involve not appropriately migrating your dog to a new food, rather than being entirely the food’s mistake.
Anyway, as instructed, we started out providing Remy simply 1/4 of Ollie, along with 3/4 of his regular kibble. We did that for two days, after that switched over to 1/2 as well as 1/2 for an additional number of days, before finally switching completely to Ollie.
ollie feeding instructions
Component 3: What Did Remy Think Of It?
Remy certainly enjoyed his fresh food experience with Ollie! As a matter of fact, he might have liked it a little way too much.
I typically feed Remy at 5:30 pm. This schedule has actually never gained any kind of sort of response from Remy in the past. He typically just hangs around or rests until I call him over for dinner.
Yet, after switching over to Ollie, Remy started to obtain extremely antsy at around 5:00 pm, yawping at me to feed him. It was difficult to persevere as well as make him wait!
His modification in attitude certainly appears to indicate that he’s a big follower. That, and the massive quantities of drool he would certainly give as I prepared his dish!
LickiMats + Ollie: A Great Match
I was at first a little worried concerning switching to fresh dog food because Remy absolutely likes eating his supper out of problem playthings.
Normally we put some kibble in a Kong Wobbler as well as let him have at it– he has so much enjoyable!
Kong Wobbler 1
Because fresh food is wet as well as sticky , much of our preferred kibble-dispensing challenge toys were out when feeding with Ollie. I just made a decision to begin making use of more LickiMats and also packed Kongs as well as it functioned out wonderful.
LickiMats are a quite amazing device to make use of combined with fresh food– pushing the food into a LickiMat will certainly take your dog significantly even more time to complete it, as well as the licking movement is really soothing for nervous puppers.
Ollie Food Scooper
Ollie With LickiMat
As a perk, try cold the icy Ollie-filled LickiMat– that must maintain even ultra-hungry dogs occupied for at the very least 30 mins or longer!
Component 4: What Were the Results?
So– after attempting Ollie for a pair weeks, what were the results?
Several owners have born witness noticing a shinier coat, reduced itching as a result of allergies, improved power as well as– in many cases– also some behavior improvements, after switching over to Ollie’s fresh food.
However what concerning me– did I notice any kind of change in Remy? I did observe a couple of big changes worth noting:
1. Poop Improvements
Among the major points I observed after changing Remy to Ollie was his poop! His poops obtained smaller, greener, and also a lot less smelly– all general signs of better wellness.
2. Reduced Itching & Allergies
Another thing I really did not instantly notice till switching over back to Remy’s old kibble was that Ollie certainly lowered Remy’s itching.
Remy has actually been an scratchy boy for a long time currently, so I’ve obtained pretty accustomed to his damaging as well as licking . When I changed Remy to Ollie, I really did not make any kind of specific note or observations concerning his itching.
Yet, when turning off of Ollie as well as back to his original kibble, I quickly realized Remy was itching and scratching a lot more than he did before.
Given that he went back on kibble, he’s been licking his paws a lot more, showing that he most likely has some allergy problems that Ollie had been aiding with. This indicates I’ll most likely wind up making the switch back to Ollie at some point, or– at the minimum– will explore various other sort of foods that can assist Remster with his allergies.
Ollie Cost: What You’ll Pay
As you may have thought of, Ollie isn’t exactly inexpensive.
The specific cost of your Ollie shipment will depend upon the dimension and also needs of your dog, yet Ollie prices about anywhere from roughly $3.50 each day to feed a 10 pound dog, and also up to $11 per day for an 80 pound dog.
Regrettably, this might be beyond many pet parents’ budget plans.
— it is worth thinking about some of the other benefits of feeding your dog a fresh diet regimen when evaluating expense vs worth.
For one, cost-free delivery means time as well as effort saved because you won’t need to on a regular basis visit PetSmart as well as carry around large bags of kibble.
Feeding your dog a healthier food long-term could additionally mean fewer journeys to the veterinarian’s office, conserving significant cash over time as well as possibly extending your pooch’s lifespan.
Do not neglect– Our visitors can get 60% off their very first box of Ollie! While this isn’t a discount rate that will last long-term, it absolutely makes the suggestion of at least trying as well as trying out with fresh dog food a lot more possible, even for tight budgets.
Ollie Review Recap: Cons & pros
Allow’s sum up the benefits and drawbacks of Ollie.
- Fresh, top notch food
- Much better for digestion + might reduce some health issues as well as allergy problems
- Smaller sized, firmer, much less scent-laden poops
- Does not need cautious managing like raw food does, while still giving some of the exact same
- Pre-portioned packets for included convenience and also to avoid overfeeding
- Dog food is supplied to your door– no lugging heavy bags of kibble around town
- Great for making use of along with LickiMats or kongs
- [ Reward] Includes adorable multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a little bit when it involves contrasting Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
- Expensive as a lasting food alternative
- Not compatible with most challenge toys
- A little more job than feeding kibble (although concerning the same amount of initiative as feeding damp tinned dog food).
- Not very portable– it’s absolutely not as practical as kibble for on-the-go consuming.
- Not great for training work– if you usually use your dog’s food as a training benefit, wet fresh food just does not work.
Is Ollie Worth It For Your Dog?
Absolutely offer Ollie a shot if you desire to supply your dog wonderful grub.
It’s a very high-quality fresh food with an impressive active ingredient listing. While Ollie is a wonderful choice for any type of dog, owners of pet dogs who are choosy eaters, have sensitive tummies, or have doubtful poops will particularly gain from attempting Ollie out.
At 60% off your very first box, it’s absolutely at least worth attempting as well as evaluating on your own if the advantages are worth the cost. While I didn’t see any kind of remarkable changes in Remy, his poop renovation were fantastic, he was crazy about the food, and it feels like the food may have aided with his allergies.
When your dog offers you those large puppy dog eyes begging for more of the fresh stuff, be cautious– you may have a tough time going back to kibble!
Is Ollie Dog Food Raw?
No, Ollie dog food is fresh food that is delicately prepared with very little handling to maintain nutrients.
Just How Much Does Ollie Cost?
Ollie’s rates relies on the dimension of your dog (bigger dogs require ore food, so are extra expensive to feed).
Usually, Ollie costs anywhere from roughly $3.50 daily to feed a 10 lb dog, as well as approximately $11 per day for an 80 lb dog.
Don’t neglect, you can also get superb discount rates on your first order of Ollie with some of the deals pointed out in this write-up.
Is Ollie Good for Dogs?
Yes! Ollie is made with premium ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. This food likewise flaunts impressive healthy protein numbers, varying anywhere from 35%– 44% protein!
Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie? What was your experience like? Share your ideas in the remarks below!
When trying fresh dog food in the past with The Farmer’s Dog, taking care of the dog food packs was a little bit of a pain. I had to maintain re-wrapping the dog food packages in cellophane or a 2nd plastic bag to maintain whatever sealed and also sanitary in the refrigerator.
Consists of charming multiple-use dog food container, which establishes Ollie apart a bit when it comes to comparing Ollie vs Farmer’s Dog vs Nom Nom.
Ollie is made with costs ingredients as well as fresh meats, fruits, and also veggies. Have you ever tried feeding your dog Ollie?